Information and Resources for specific pelvic pain and related conditions (Complex Abdomino-Pelvic & Pain Syndrome, Complex Abdominal and Pelvic Pain Syndrome - CAPPS)
Adhesions and Adhesions Related Disorder (ARD)
- Comprehensive information and resources on Adhesions and Adhesion Related Disorder (ARD) at the International Adhesions Society (IAS) - KevMed is proud to sponsor the International Adhesions Society.
- Adhesion Related Disorder by Dr. Clark Gerhart, another doctor experienced in ARD.
- IAS Research on Severe Adhesion Related Disorder (ARD); Pattern of Bowel Dysfunction and Obstruction, Social and Physician Issues: an Internet Survey
- IAS Research on Adhesions Related Deaths
- International Adhesions Society (IAS)
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Chronic Fatigue and Immune Dysfunction Syndrome Association of America (CFIDS)
Dyspareunia (Painful Sexual Intercouse)
Please see the IAS overview page here.
Fibroids, Myomas, Leiomyomas, Myomectomy
- Uterine Fibroids, Myoma, Myomectomy. Please see the IAS page on fibroids here.
Although ANY surgical procedure has the potential to result in adhesions, we have highlighted hysterectomy because of its particular prevalence and ability to result in problems from adhesions and other CAPPS issues. Please see the IAS's page on hysterectomy here.
- Unhysterectomy (also name of a book) - a site written by author and patient Holly Bridges about alternatives to hysterectomy.
IBS – Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse (NDDIC)
- Irritable bowel syndrome and chronic pelvic pain: a singular or two different clinical syndrome?
- Defining and diagnosing irritable bowel syndrome
Interstitial Cystitis (IC), Painful Bladder, Overactive Bladder
- Interstitial Cystitis from National Library of Medicine
- Interstitial cystitis/bladder pain syndrome fact sheet
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome - NIDDK
- Patients with chronic pelvic pain: endometriosis or interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome?
- Interstitial cystitis and endometriosis in patients with chronic pelvic pain: The "Evil Twins" syndrome.
- Interstitial Cystitis Association
- International Painful Bladder Foundation
- Interstitial Cystitis Network and Overactive Bladder Network
Chronic Pelvic Pain (CPP)
- Surgical treatment for chronic pelvic pain
- What is Chronic Pelvic Pain? – International Pelvic Pain Society
- Chronic Pelvic Pain and the Overlap of Pelvic Pain Disorders by Michael Pezzone MD.
Dr. Pezzone is the principal investigator of an NIH study that looked at the pathways of neurogenic cross-sensitization of pelvic viscera and its implications for the overlap of irritable bowel syndrome, interstitial cystitis, and other chronic pelvic pain disorders.
- Managing Pelvic Pain – ASRM
- Current concepts of pelvic congestion and chronic pelvic pain. An excellent review by the late Dr. Perry, founder of the International Pelvic Pain Society.
- Chronic pelvic pain in the community--symptoms, investigations, and diagnoses.
Pain and Chronic Pain, General Resources
Please refer to General Links of the iscapps.org site containing resources concerning pain and chronic pain in general.
Complex regional pain syndrome, CRPS; RSDS; Causalgia - RSD; Reflex sympathetic dystrophy (RSD) syndrome
- CRPS information from the National Library of Medicine
- Global approach to chronic pelvic and perineal pain: from the concept of organ pain to that of dysfunction of visceral pain regulation systems
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Association
Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
Please see the IAS's page on Vulvodynia here.
Referral Resources for Professionals Specializing in Pelvic Pain and Related Disorders
International Pelvic Pain Society – has searchable database for physicians and other providers.
Womens Health Section of the PTA has a dedicated site for Physical Therapists trained in women's health and pelvic floor. You can also visit the main site of the American Physical Therapy Association here.
The International Organization of Physical Therapists in Women's Health is an organization made up of World Confederation for Physical Therapy (WCPT) member countries' special interest groups in Women's Health.
The Barral Institute trains and certifies therapists in a technique known as Visceral Manipulation, used by many physical and manual therapists to treat pelvic pain and related pelvic floor disorders.
The International Association of Healthcare Practitioners has a searchable database of practitioners of a number of manipulation techniques, including Barral, Upledger, and Cranio-Sacral Therapy.
Physical Therapy Assistant Schools Guide
guide for finding schools with physical therapy assistant programs. finding schools with physical therapy assistant programs.